Abstract submissions are now open!
The 15th Asia Oceania ORL-HNS Congress (AO ORL-HNS 2023) invites you to submit an abstract for possible inclusion in the official congress program.
Detailed information on how to submit your abstract is included below.
Accepted abstracts will be included in the official 2023 Congress program.
Please diarise the following important program dates.
Submission opens: June 2022
Submission deadline: 20 October 2022
Author notifications: late November
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding your submission or the program in general.
Before submitting your abstract, ensure you read the below guidelines carefully – all information that you require is included below.
Abstracts can be submitted for either oral or poster presentations.
Oral presentations will be asked to present an oral presentation at the congress including a PowerPoint presentation and Q&A with the audience.
Poster presentations will be asked to present a visual poster display and potentially participate in a guided poster tour at the congress.
Abstract submission guidelines
- All submissions must be in English. English is the official congress language and all presentations must also be in English
- Submission titles must not be longer than 20 words and should be brief and explicit
- Submissions must not exceed 300 words, be clear and concise, highlight relevant aspects, findings and conclusions
- Should you exceed the 300 word limit, the excess limit will NOT appear in the meeting publication
- Abbreviations should be used only in common terms. For uncommon terms, the abbreviation should be given in brackets after the first full use of the word
- The abstract title, section headings, author information are not included in the overall word count
- Abstracts should follow the following format: aims/methodology/results/conclusion
- Tables, diagrams, graphs etc CANNOT be accepted in the abstract submission.
- Acceptance/timing/presentation/discussion of all papers and posters are at the discretion of the Scientific Committee.
- Notification of acceptance/timing/presentation/discussion will be included in email correspondence sent to the submitting author
- Bullying, harassment, and inappropriate racial, gender or sexual comments will not be accepted at the congress
Abstract submission themes
Abstracts can be submitted under any of the below themes:
- ENT physicians
- Facial plastics
- Head and neck
- History of otolaryngology
- Indigenous health
- Salivary gland
- Skull base
- Translational research day – artificial intelligence
- Translational research day – immunotherapy
Abstract review information
- All submitted abstracts will be peer reviewed by a subsection of the ORL-HNS 2023 Scientific Committee
- Incomplete abstracts or abstracts not written in English cannot be processed and will not be reviewed
- No revisions are possible after the submission deadline – no exceptions
Conditions of acceptance
If accepted into the official program, the following conditions will apply:
- Oral presentations can only be presented by one author
- Presenters must be a listed author on the submission
- Accepted presenters must register, pay and attend the congress; otherwise the abstract will not be included in the official program
- Abstract submissions remain the property of ORL-HNS and the Scientific Committee reserves the right to publish and distribute
Terms and conditions
- Submitting authors declare that the submission is the original work of at least one author/presenter
- No funding is provided to accepted presenters
- Submitting authors must declare the work described in the abstract has appropriate approval under local, ethical and animal experimentation rules
- Submitting authors must declare that their work does not conflict with any existing copyright agreements with alternate publishers
- Submitting authors provide consent for their presentation materials to be used to assist with promoting AO ORL-HNS 2023, future ORL-HNS congresses and on-demand content