Speaker setup: Your speaker/s and chair/s will be presenting in your session room at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre. They will have a lectern, stage, microphone, and slide advancer for presentation. The presentation will be pre-loaded to the screen via the speaker’s preparation room.
Moderator/Q&A format: Questions will be submitted in-person and it is recommended the chairperson/moderator is engaging, interactive with delegates, and who is comfortable with technology.
The below information is for all in-person oral presentations.
These guidelines include instructions on how to prepare your presentation.
Presentation template #
PowerPoint files #
All users of Macintosh hardware need to ensure before they leave home that the files are compatible with PC hardware. It is expected that presenters will use Microsoft.
Other compatible software includes:
- Windows XP
- Office XP (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook)
- Windows Media Player
- Quick Time
- Adobe Acrobat
- Flash Player
Please let us know immediately if you use a Mac system.
Movies or sound files #
If you have movies or sound files in the PowerPoint presentation, please embed them and test that they work correctly in presentation mode
To ensure a complete and effective presentation every time here’s what to do:
- Create a folder for your presentation.
- Place or copy every file that is used in the presentation in this folder. This will include all pictures, movies, sounds or any files that are used in the presentation.
- Now re-create any links so that they access this presentation folder (Insert, Movies and Sounds, From File). Remember to resave the presentation.
- Another advantage of this approach is that you have access to the original files such as video clips etc. in the event of PowerPoint problems.
Loading your presentation #
All speakers are required to pre-load their presentations at the speakers’ preparation room at least 3 hours prior to their session commencing.
All presentations will be networked to the presentation rooms; therefore, you need to ensure your presentation is loaded prior to your speaking time.
It will not be possible to use your own laptop or USB for your presentation
Session information #
Your presentation will be given live, in-person. Questions from the audience will be moderated by the session chair.
You are required to be available for the duration of your session and to participate in the live Q&A.
Speakers preparation room #
The speaker preparation room is located in Mezzanine M10 at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre. Please check in at the speaker’s preparation room well in advance of your presentation (at least 3 hours prior to your session commencement).
Your presentation will be checked, then loaded onto the network, and will be available in your assigned session room.
Friday 10 March: 0830 – 1700 hours
Saturday 11 March: 0830 – 1700 hours
Sunday 12 March: 0830 – 1300 hours
What do to on the day of presentation #
Follow the below checklist to ensure you are ready for your presentation!
- Make sure you have loaded your presentation in the speaker’s preparation room
- Confirm your session room number in the official program
- Be in your assigned session room at least 20 minutes prior to your session commencing
- Ensure that you are seated at the front of the room (front row near lectern or at head table depending on number of speakers in your session)