Any contractors not assigned by the congress managers must read the BCEC Exhibitor Information Guide to work onsite. This must be done by Friday 3 February.
Space Only Custom Stands #
For space only stands, a custom design booth must be erected on the floor space.
A CAD drawing, engineering specifications, a copy of your Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) and an artist’s impression will be required and is subject to approval by the congress organisers and venue.
Click here to view a list of all required forms.
Please send a copy of the CAD drawing, engineering specifications, a copy of your SWMS and artists impression to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 30 January.
We have implemented the following guidelines for custom built stands in line with industry standards.
- Booth sides that face the aisle must be transparent and open. Any construction elements higher than 1.5m and up to the maximum build height on these sides must not exceed 50% of the length of the booth side facing the aisle.
- Booths allocated in the first row in the exhibition hall must not exceed a build height of four (4) meters.
- Exhibitors with space-only booths located beyond the aforementioned rows may construct booths to a maximum height of five (5) meters.
- No multilevel structures are allowed to be built on the purchased exhibition space.
- No overhead structures can be over the space of an aisle, even if the aisle is between two booths of the same exhibitor.
- Stand builders must give consideration for wheelchair access to the Stand (Building Code of Australia – Section D3.3).
- Stands over 18sqm where roofing is fitted must have a “Smoke Detection Device” and have a fire extinguisher installed. The recommended material for the roofing is “shark tooth” type material that allows water penetration from sprinklers and fire canon.
Please provide us with the above, including details of your stand builder, no later than Monday 30 January. Please submit information via email to email@example.com.
All Stands or Temporary Structures higher than 3m must be constructed under the supervision of an Authorised Person/Registered Structural Engineer. In addition, any Stands of 4.5m or above in height must be designed with structural calculations and have its stability verified by a Registered Structural Engineer prior to erection. The Authorised Person/Registered Structural Engineer must also verify the stability of the Stands or Temporary Structures on-site and submit a safety report to HML prior to the first day of the Open Period.